Doesn’t it seem that with each passing year, we get busier and busier. The to-d0 list has gotten longer and we have more demands on our time. As chidren go in and out of schoor or day care, it is important to keep in mind the potential for germs – there is nothing like a sick day to derail that to-do list! Here are a few simple steps to ensure that you maintain a clean and healthy home.
1) Use Sanitizers – I realize there are some controversies in regards to anti-bacterial products, however sometimes adequate hand washing facilites are not available. The next best thing may be hand sanitzer. In addition when cleaning hands, dishers or sheets the hotter the water, the better.
2) Beware the Public Restrooms – We all find ourselves in a public restroom from time to time. It is important to remember that everyone doesn’t care about cleanliness as much as we do. Try to touch as few things as possible in the restroom. If you are carrying a bag or purse, trying using hooks instead of placing your items on the floor. Also try using a paper towel to touch things like the faucet or the door handles. It may look silly, but it will keep you healthier.
3) Zap that Sponge! – Most people use some sort of kitchen sponge. These sponges are great for getting food off of dishes and for cleaning up the stove or countertop. The problem is that a wet sponge + food particles = a breeding ground for bacteria and germs!
As reported in U.S. news & World Report, the University of Florida tested zapping a kitchen sponge in the microwave between 30-120 seconds and found that it inactivated nearly 100% of bateria found in the sponge. For most households, 30 seonds is adequate enough time to kill bacteria.
Important rules to remember about the microwave:
- Never place any metallic object in the microwave
- Always soak the sponge in water prior to placing it in the microwave
- All items that have been microwaved can be extremely hot, especially a wet sponge!
4) Let Delight Cleaning take care of your cleaning maintenance!
From deep carpet cleaning to removing pet stains from your area rugs, we have the experience to help you maintain a clean and healthy home. Plus having a company that specialzing in green cleaning products, eco-safe cleaning procedures and one that cares about ensuring that all of your surfaces will not only be cleaned, but safe for children and safe for pets is important.